- A will only takes effect after death.
- To make one you need a Spanish Identity Document or Passport.
- No property deeds are required to prepare a will.
- Ask us for information on forced heirship in Spain.
A will can be used to:
- Bequeath specific items or percentages.
- Leave property to relatives, friends and NGOs.
- Appoint guardians for minor children and disabled relatives.
- Protect your partner from other family members.
If you do not have a will:
- Dealing with your affairs will be more expensive and complicated for your loved ones.
- Your property may not end up where you want it to.
- Your partner may be vulnerable to your relatives.
- Verbal instructions are unenforceable.