- All property transfers formalised by a Notary are subject to tax. Ask us for information.
- ITP (Property Transfer Tax): This is charged on private property sales. There are lower rates, but the general rate is 10% of the price.
- AJD: This document under seal is charged along with IVA (Value Added Tax) at a rate of 1.5% of taxable value.
- IVA (VAT): On transfers of the main home, 10% of the price; and on premises at a rate of 21%.
- ISD (Inheritance Tax): This is applied to legacies and donations. There are some significant reductions. The amount depends on the place of residence of the deceased, donor and the location of the property.
- IIVTNU (Capital Gains Tax on Property Transfer): This is payable when property is sold or inherited. It is payable by the seller or the heir. The amount varies according to the Municipal Area.
- IRPF (Income Tax): If you are selling or donating, find out about the effect this will have on your income tax declaration the following year.
- IBI (Property Tax): This is payable by property owners on 1 January each year and it accrues every year.